Friday, February 03, 2006

I Need The Wiz...

...to give me some Courage. I am about to make a bold move. I know this guy...we've been friends for about five years. He has always had my back, even though we live far away from each other. Our friendship has remained in tact. After my last visit, I felt something for him that I never felt before. It was a simple feeling - that we should be together. I pushed it aside for a while, because I live here, he lives there, and I felt like there was no way it could work. Plus, he once had those feelings for me, and they were unrequited on my end. For the last four months, he has been heavy on my mind. I'm gonna visit some friends who live in the same city as him in a few weeks.

And I have decided to tell him how I feel.

I have convinced myself that I am prepared for whatever his response may be. For the first time in a long, long time...I am nervous. I mean damn near scared. The last time I dredged up enough whatever to tell a man how I feel about him, he was mine for a year and some change after that. Do I get two lucky breaks? We're both at points in our lives where we can be flexible about where we live, so...

I've gone over the script in my head a million times. I know where each inflection will go, how I will turn my head just so when I say that part...you know how it goes.

Now...will this read to him as bold, courageous love of my life, or overly-aggressive 'one-of-those' sistahs? I know him well, but brothas never cease to continue surprising me, you know what I'm sayin'?

If he's not the one, he's not the one. I'm sure the embarassment will be minimal. At least I have somewhere to escape to. But my heart says, nothing ventured, nothing gained and you gotta take risks, and every other appropriate cliche' for this situation.

I'm puttin' myself out there, ya'll. And no matter what the end result, I know deep down in my heart that I'm doing the right thing.

This is for Aggressive Sistahs everywhere! Wish me luck...16 days and counting...

3 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger TheChosenOne said...

YAAY!!! You don't need any more courage than you already have!!! I don't know dude, but I would assume that he is pretty mature person. Being the one to put your feelings on the table is extremely brave. If he can't respect that he needs to move on and out!!! You can't just keep those feeling bottled inside. Let him know how you feel. I would do the same thing if my feelings were as strong. LOVE YA!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger DramaQueen said...

thanks! There will be post probaby before I make it back to NYC! Hopefully it will be good news...

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Max said...

LUCK!

The first step is admitting you dig him. And that my friend is brave.

I'm proud of you for being able to take that bold step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home