Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back In The Day...

The other night, I was talking to a dear friend of mine about what it would be like if we had grown up together. Then we started telling tales of our lives in high school and elementary, and I was overcome with a feeling of warm nostalgia. Oh, the phases I have gone through! I thought it would be fun to take a little trip back. I won't make it a tag, but I would love to read something like this from my fellow Bloggers!

Kindergarten - 1985
I was five years old, and had been given the official title of Mouth of the South. I was a Chatty Cathy! I loved school. I had an imaginary friend named Dudabug, and I wrote a song about her that I would sing to my mother everyday when she picked me up from daycare. For show-and-tell, I would memorize commercials and say (or sing) them word for word in front of my class. Sometimes I would do tv theme songs from my favorite shows! I still had a slight lisp and my c's sounded like t's, and my l's sounded y's. My speech has come a long way since then!

5th grade - 1990
It was my first year at the performing arts school. I loved it! I also had my first boyfriend - we went together for all of Math class, and then I broke up with him because he gave me a gold bracelet, then told me I had to give it back before the end of the day because it was his sister's. My friends and I founded the Car Club - I was Pretty Corvette, and my best friend was Pretty Porsche. We had matching folders with pictures of our car and our car names on them. My neighbor and I also had a club called The Dead Bug's Society, where we would find dead bugs and give them proper funerals. If business was slow, we would just kill one, and then give it a beautiful funeral.

10th grade - 1995
I was a sophomore in high school. I was never caught in public without make-up and my signature Fuschia lipstick on. I was pretty popular - plays, show choir, student council, peer mediators, Model UN - I even did the morning announcements. I had a lot of friends, and we had so much fun. We sang during lunch, just like the kids in Fame. For fun, my friends and I would get a ride to the mall, go to the movies, or have slumber parties. We would go to my house and have karaoke contests and make up code names for our crushes. My friend TJ and I would tell each other romance stories that would give Harlequin a run for their money! I had the lead in one of the school plays, and I had my first real high school boyfriend. He would let me wear his jacket and meet me by my locker to kiss, and he was a horrible kisser! I'm sure he's better now. I was also dieting every week, counting calories, and at 5"9 and 115 lbs, thought I was a cow. I always wore flowy dresses, tights and Blossom hats. And even though my boyfriend couldn't kiss for shit, he was the first boy to make me feel pretty.

To Be Continued...

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Max said...

Way to make me feel my age DQ! When you were in 5th grade I was damn near done with High School!

You sounded like a bunch of cute! And a bunch of crazy, 115 and 5'9 and on a diet? Oh DQ!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger DramaQueen said...

yes, I know. It was pretty pitiful. Sad, but true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home