Monday, December 12, 2005

Reflecting...

As the holiday season sets in and the year is coming to end (and as I've had a lot of time on my hands lately), I've been reflecting over some things. One of the things is friendship. I value my friends almost as much as I value my family.

A year is a long time. Long enough to strengthen friendships, and long enough for some friendships to be put to the test. It is also long enough for some friends' season to be up, and their reason to be validated, and another year tacked onto their lifetime committment. I have learned to take all of these in stride.

For a sensitive gal like myself, anytime I evaluate my relationships, and things change (for better or worse) I get a tug at my heart strings. It's as natural as breathing to me.

So I want to take this opportunity to say to all of my friends - Thank You. Thank you for allowing me to be your friend, and thank you for allowing me to be a friend to you (because we all know that sometimes the gift is the giving). Thank you for having my back in the blog world and beyond. Thanks for your tolerance. ;o) I won't list names; you know who you are. If you aren't sure, try not to guage it by how much we see each other, how much we call each other, what we've done for each other, whether or not we borrow each other's clothes, and other miscellaneous stuff like that. Here are some things I think about when I think about my friends:

How well you really know me and vice versa.
how much I talk about you in your absence.
How many times we have finished each other's sentences.
how well we get along, even if the zodiac says we shouldn't.
if my mother knows who I'm talking about when I say your name in conversation.
laughter we have shared, cuz you know I love to laugh!
whether or not a day goes by when you don't cross my mind at least once.
If I smile when someone says your name out of the blue.
you've seen me and loved me at my worst.
you've seen me and loved me at my best.
and so on so forth...

You can probably fill in a hundred more things. I can think a half dozen catch phrases. Boyfriends come and go, but friends last forever. Make new friends, but keep the old - one is silver and the other gold.

Take a second to fully enjoy this sappy moment...

So yeah...just like the Golden Girls...

**Thank you for being a friend.**

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Max said...

Glad to be among many fabulous folks you call friend. Here's to big things for all of us in the New Year!

Love,

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger TheChosenOne said...

Friends are good to have!! :) The guidelines you have laid out to identify your friends are right on the money. I think back to all of the women that I thought were my friends but who were doing me wrong, and how far I have come from that place. And I try not to say the word friend as much because sometimes people are just aquaintances (as my wise mother would say.) But I believe that I can honestly say that I believe you to be a friend. I have seen what real friendship is, and what it isn't.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gee I'm over here thinking and I thank you for being a true friend to me Drama King. I feel you- squash the misc stuff like how much we see each other or talk on the phone...... Remember me trying to roll my tongue in the corner at the table at your aunts house? or the time I was running for the 6 and it wasnt? LOL- ok you can stop now. the two jokes that will last until we are old rich famous and gray.... I love you... Bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home