Friday, October 21, 2005

What Do You Look Forward To?

I have been assessing my happiness lately. You know, trying to figure out what little things in my life make me happy. I thank God for my family, and friends, and waking up, and living one more day and all that. But I was trying to figure out what could make me happy on a day-to-day basis. Here are some things that can happen in a day that can make me happy:

I get to see someone I've got a crush on. (Am I too old for crushes yet??)

I get to buy something without the decision pending on whether or not I can pay the rent that month.

If there is a fresh-baked dessert in my kitchen.

If I have a job in my desired field.

If I'm getting my hair done, nails, facial, massage, anything-to-pamper-myself done.

I'm wearing a new scent.

If I have new clothes to wear.

If I get to see my friends that I don't see everyday.

If someone is visiting me from out of town.

If I'm dating someone, and we are going out that night...(one thing could lead to another...)

If I get a chance to work on a knitting/crocheting project.

If I get to read some of a book I was reading.

If I can call home with good news.


The list goes on...what are some of your daily pleasures?

2 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Tony J. said...

-the various and brilliant ways that my students find to tell me they love me...
-when my students all bum-rush me with hugs and kisses when i walk through the door of the classroom every morning...
-gossiping with the spanish teacher who comes in to work with me in the afternoon...
-when a beautiful idea for some bit of writing comes to me and i have something to write it down with and something to write it down on and i can find it when i get home...
-a good slice of pizza...
-exciting ER episodes...
- " Laguna Beach episodes...
- " guests on Charlie Rose
-when my phone rings off the hook
-kisses, affection, sex. obviously.
-substantive relations with boyfriends
-salman rushdie
-fareed zakaria
-having a conversation with a brilliant man
-cheez doodles
-basil pesto
-hairless legs
-3rd-degree-burn-hot showers
-letter-esque email

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Max said...

Let me see

- settling down with Zeen at night
- nights out with the girls
- found money
- surprises
- a good ep of A Different World
- a really good desert
- my mom taking care of me when I'm sick
- falling asleep with Zeen's arms around me
- the fake chat
- finding out new things about people I've known forever
- a good song
- a new gadget
- buying something ridiculously expensive without care about the cost
- new clothes
- a freshly waxed pooty
- shaved legs
- anytime I get pampered
- avoiding having to take the train
- my wedding dress
- feeling loved
- giving love
- helping a friend in need
- getting the water in my shower just the right temperature
- my favorite pjs

I could go on but I won't. You get the gist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home