Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back in the swing of things or The Interruption of Everything

I'm baaaccckkk! My vacation was great! I had a great time chillin with Millz and Kellz and my other peoples in Ohio. I kicked it hard, laughed about 10 lbs off, and visited some of my favorite spots. I almost didn't want to come back...

But I did. And instead of posting a ridiculously long recap of The Talk, I'll just give you an excerpt:

The first part was basically just me babbling and hemming and hawing, trying to get out the words that would express what was on my heart. Imagine some really great quotes, some nonsense sprinkled here and there, and a few things I'm still not sure I should have said. And cut to...
Me: ...so, basically, I think you're a great guy.
Him: (sheepish smile) I appreciate that.
Me: You do? (more of a comment than a question)
Him: yeah. (awkward silence)
Me: ok...that's it?
Him: (nervous laughter) For now...I mean, it's not everyday a beautiful woman sits me down and tells me how she feels about me...give me a minute to process! (involuntary smile from me) You've had time to think about this, but you just now tellin' me...
Me: ok, ok. That's fair.

*insert some reiterating of what was already said to make sure he understood me. Then how he felt about me since before we even knew each other, up to that point. A few more compliments about my physical appearance (COOL POINTS like a mug!) and then, out of nowhere...

Him: So what don't you like about me?
Me: Huh?
* he repeats.
Me: Why would you ask me something like that?
Him: Just answer me.
* I told him he took a long time to explain things, and I would "get it" about five mintues before he finally stops talking. Then I asked him the same question, and he says (brace yourself) that I was...dramatic. Me? Dramatic? ;o) He told me when I talked that I reminded him of The Matrix (he proceeds to do his arms in that waving motion that Keanu Reeves does). I laugh, not because it's funny, but because he looks ridiculous doing that arm thing to describe the way I talk. The nerve!

Basically, I got it off my chest. He needs time to think. We had a few laughs, and now I'm waiting...

I feel:
relieved
a bit confused( and a little like once again, I am being placed in a position to mind-read).
anxious
aroused (I know, the strangest things trigger that..)
excited

I think that's it. I left out a lot of details, mainly because it was kind of surreal to me. I did everything my mother told me never to do - make the first move, tell him how you feel before you know he feels, and a wealth of other things.

But we all know that the only thing constant in the world is change, so Mother Dear, send a prayer up for your baby girl who is all grown up and ready to make some Major Changes.

I'll keep you posted on my destiny.

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Max said...

Oh well you still owe me dinner so I expect to hear the full post-mortem and soon too.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Tony J. said...

co-sign, max! i expect to hear the full story, too. you know how i do, DQ.

also...this doesn't sound so bad so far...far as i can tell...nothing to actually cry about.

:)

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I reading about this on the blog?.... I expect details!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger tmacadoshiss said...

Hopefully he will recognize what a jewel you are........ in BLACK Historyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and in his..................

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Butta C.U.P. said...

Hey...
Thanks for the words of encouragement...I know it's all good in the hood with a p'nut butta sammich! How did everything go last week? I would LOVE to talk to you about your living arrangements and if they plan to stay the same? If they aren't planning to change I was wondering if you could help a brotha out? Or maybe if they are planning to change we could have some coffee and talk? hit me up, freestyle. Get my number from Kellz!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't do what my mother said either. Then, years later I found out that the constant, is that women change; men don't really change, which is why we're still fighting for equal recognition.

Whether or not your mom is right, depends on what you want. When I wasn't interested in happiness ever after, she wasn't right. Once I was…hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home