Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snow Day has a new meaning...

Happy V-Day everyone! I went out today for the first time in three days, and I am trying not to be annoyed by this:














What in the heezy?!?! Maybe I could make a nice life back down in Georgia...here is a phone conversation between my mother and I this morning:

Mom: Hey! I heard ya'll got all that snow up there.
Me: Yep, about 27 inches.
Mom: Daaannnggg, you better get you some snow boots. I couldn't tell you where to get them, cuz we don't have those down here.
Me: I know, I'm gonna get some.
Mom: Shoo, we almost got hit down here. I woke up this morning, and there was snow on the car. I had to get Rob (my Dad) to brush it off before I could go anywhere this morning. And it's cold.
Me: When I stepped outside, the snow came up to my knees, Ma.
Mom: Oh...well, up in North GA they got a few inches, so really, we got some snow.
Me: ok, Ma...**cut to subject change**

I guess the grass is always greener, huh? I'd give anything to just have enough snow to dust the car windows, and it probably all melted by lunchtime. Freakin' Southerners. ;o)

A Valentine's message to a special someone: I'll be your wind, and take you wherever you want to go, as long as you remember to throw caution to it.

Do something special tonight; you have an excuse (not that you need one).

5 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger make it real said...

yo DQ,
ok...that is too much snow!! i would have stayed in too. well, i hope you got atleast one snowball fight in. that's too much snow to go towaste without atlease knockin' somebody up with a snowball. let me hadda been there...i woulda got cha!!

holla,
kellz

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Max said...

Blech to the snow. It does photgraph well though. Your Moms is a trip.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Tony J. said...

hmmm...somebody needs to update their blog...unless, of course, you're in Cinci handling your business. if so, i'm pacified. take your time, babygirl. if NOT...get to typin'!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger TheChosenOne said...

Has it melted completely yet? That is the annoying part - waiting for that $hit to GO AWAY!!! Well I am glad that you are safe - I completely understand - I don't know how you feel, but I understand. Snow is a bitch. 27 inches? UGH!! Definitely not the same accumulation in the south.

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think that snow is both beutiful and anoying as hell. You just have to take the good with the bad.....After looking at your pics I wish I was there instead of out West in the 60 degree weather.


holla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home