Friday, September 15, 2006

They Always Come Back...

I haven't decided yet wether or not this is a bad thing...but lately, people (men) from my past keep popping back into my life. Just recently. It is strange to me. Some I haven't heard from in months, and some I haven't heard from in years.

I may be reading too much into this, but in my mind, this could mean one of two things:

- that something big is about to happen, it will change my life, and I need resolve any issues I have with my past.
- that I am really sucky at resolving things, and it is all coming back to bite me in my behind or force me to resolve it.

It all comes back to resolution. I am realizing that I am horrible at closure. It's funny; if I am on the other end, I damn near demand it. I need closure in my life. But on my terms. I guess we all have a selfish side...

But looking back, I know that I did not resolve things properly with any of these people...and some deliberately so. I simply checked out. No discussion, no parting gifts or consolation prizes. I passed go, grabbed my $200, and bounced.

Why? I'm finding that as an adult, it is so easy for me to cut off contact if I simply don't want to deal. Now I'm not recognizing phone numbers anymore and getting caught up. What the heck do I say now?

I don't meant to sound dramatic, but I have a feeling that some shit is about to hit the fan...maybe in a good way; maybe in a bad way.

I just hope I'm ready.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger make it real said...

hmmm...
who's trying to come back?! "the daed has a risin'...."

get at me,
kellz

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger B-Nice said...

Resolve those issues girl. This might be God's way of giving you an opportunity to tie off lose strings so you can start new things with a clean slate.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger TheChosenOne said...

Not the dead has a rizin....I know I know... I am late, but it is never too late!! I totally see what you are saying about the closire. But sometimes it may be too painful to receive the closure...at least in my situations. But sometimes leaving it open may just very well be the closure. But it seems that everything happens for a reason....so clearing up those old things may be just the way to allow something bigger and better and more fulfilling to enter in!! I know I am late, but I always have something to say.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home