Tuesday, July 19, 2005

When Thugs Cry

"You said you want a thug, don't be scared now..."
-Young Buck


So I've heard that all the good girls want bad boys. Thugs get mad play - they always have a girl! I am a good girl. And I am ashamed to say that I am attracted to thugs.

Not just any thug, though. There are a certain kind that I find myself lusting after. There is a certain type of thug that, if you get the chance to look deep into his eyes, you can see just the tiniest spark of sensitivity. Add to that a I-had-nothing-to-do-in-prison-but-work-out-all-day-every-day body, and I'm gone. It drives me wild.

Why, you ask? Why are good girls attracted to bad boys? I'll break it down for you so that it can forever and consistently be broke. (Guess that movie!)

Most women have a natural sense of sensitivity and caring - however small this instinct is, I do believe we all have it. In the same manner a man feels that every woman that makes him hard is a conquest, some women feel that a thug is the Ultimate Challenge. When women see a thug showing any signs of sensitivity, she instantly goes into conquest mode. She will see him and think to herself, I wonder if I can tame him. I wonder if I can be the one to make him feel things. I wonder if I can break that hard exterior. I don't care what anyone says, most women would feel triumphant in having been the one that made Mr. Hard Ass turn soft and fall in love. With her. Why do you think women love to see men cry?

Of course, once she has him, the problems begin. And you try to ignore them, because even though he consistently proves to you that he is, indeed, still a thug, you resist this notion because, hey, he fell in love with you. Your grilfriends are telling you that you need to get rid of his triflin ass, and that you are stupid to be putting up with his shit. You ignore them. He may not have been serious about those other hoes, but you are the one that took his heart.

To be fair, that may be true. He might like you; might even love you. But here is a newsflash: Men can change. But it is null and void unless they do it on their own. Women think it is their job to mold and change these men, but guess what? If you see a damaged shirt on the rack for full price, are you going to buy it anyway because you think you can repair it? Even if it is half-off, if you end up not being able to fix it, you have still wasted your money! And don't you think you can hold out untill pay day to buy a brand new shirt?

It seems ridiculous and doggish when it is explained to us that men love the thrill of the chase when it comes to dating, and once they have "conquered" you, they lose interest.

The same thing happens when you try to turn a thug into the man of your dreams. Only difference is, he is still the one losing interest. Trust and believe that while you were conquering him, he was conquering you too. Add to this equation all of his thuggish baggage that will inevitably become yours too.

Seems like a little too much work for one girl, doesn't it?

So everytime I see a thug in a video, all muscle-y, with his top lip curled up and a single tear rolling down his face like he's trying SO hard not to cry, and I feel my panties getting wet...I just change the channel.

I'm a good girl, you see, and I want...need...deserve a good guy. With real sensitivity. And I won't settle for damaged goods.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Max said...

It's good shit that you know the difference. Some chicks never learn and end up beaten down in spirit with fiddy-leven kids for the same trifflin punk.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger HealthyHappyHoney said...

i'm here mama, finally. i haven't read it all, but i will. keep on keepin' on!!!!!!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger HealthyHappyHoney said...

you are so right!!!!!!!! the problem with is that we think that because we are able to "tame" him, he is ours forever. he's not, as you so clearly explain. i wish more women would realize this and stop falling for the same old shit that lazy ass, thug ass men hand down. it is time we stood up for ourselves. let them "tame" us. let's see how they like it when we lose interest...

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Tony J. said...

DQ...puh-lease, Mami! Do you think you could quote anything from LOVE JONES and I not immediately get the reference? Yeah...try me again some other time, love!

And you know what about this thug thing...the panties getting wet bit (and whether something gets done about that or not) is as far as I go. Yeah, they're sexy as hell--SOMETIMES--but that's all they can be for me, baby. A sexy, thuggish, roughneck, ole T.I. P%$&^-poppin', lay. S'all!

And have you ever noticed that the thug ones you KNOW nothing substantial could ever happen with are really good at sex?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home