Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'd Rather Be Having Sex...

Bet you thought that was what this entry would be about, huh? HA! Gotcha. I am bored out of my mind at this new job. This is what is plagueing (sp?) my thoughts today.

Do you ever find that get lonely at the oddest times?

Like today for instance. I went to take my lunch break, and window shopped around a bit before I got my food. I stopped at a cafe' and grabbed a sandwich, and decided, I am not going back to work to eat at my desk. (Working people know better; eating at your desk reads "I'm still working, I'm just eating while I do it". When I take a lunch break, thats exactly what I do - break!) So I thought it would really cosmopolitan to eat at a table by the window, and watch the people walk by.

Not so much.

I didn't really enjoy my lunch, because instead of watching people walk by outside, I watched people meet other people for lunch. They held tables while the others got their food, sat down and dished about the weekend. I found myself rushing to finish my food so that I could hurry up and get out of there.

It was a lonely lunch break.

Here are some other times I find myself feeling lonely.

On the subway. (knowing I'm going home to an empty house probably.)

At the ice cream shop. (it's just not as much to splurge when do it by yourself)

In my kitchen. (Food is fellowship; it is no fun cooking for one. Besides, I hate left-overs.)

At my desk. (i hate when people don't stop and talk to me!)

When hours have passed and my cell phone doesn't ring. (Who would've thought, back in 97 when everybody didn't have one and no one got calls when they weren't home??)

In my bed at night. (nothing worse than being warmed by your own body heat.)

Checking my e-mail at home. (don't you hate people who only check their e-mail once every three days? Doubt they're lonely.)

when I'm talking to my mom on the phone. (She sends strong "I miss you" vibes, even when she doesn't actually say it.)

Here are some strange times when I don't feel lonely:

when I'm reading a book. (reading about people puts me in their world, you know?)

when I'm on the toilet. (can't explain that one - sorry.)

when I'm watching a good program on tv. (same effect as the book, only more instant gratification.)

when I have had at least one hug that day. (I know how to make them last!)

when I think about having sex. (Takes two to tango...see, I managed to tie it in!)

hmmmm...I have now become too distracted to complete this entry...

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Tony J. said...

I do get lonely at odd times, though I also get lonely at all the traditional times(in bed at night, listening to love songs) as well...a few of the weirder ones:

1. On dates with stupid men
2. After pedicures
3. Clothes Shopping

...these have all been in the last week, so all I can remember off hand.

This seems like a conversation we could easily have had 10 years ago. And I don't know about you, but there is something really quite sad about that fact. Can't you see us on the bus, or on the phone, or during a rehearsal break feeling, and so expressing, these exact sentiments a full decade ago?

I am so old. :(

Love you...love your bloggings...can't wait to comment more:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home