Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Do Unto Others...

What do you do when someone is interested in you, but you're not interested in them...and you don't know why? I constantly am having a guilty conscience about something, and today, it's not returning phone calls. Not just any phone calls; phone calls from guys who, initially, caught my interest, but after a while, lost it. I know it is a shitty thing to do; if I don't like them, why not just tell them? One, because more often than not the reason is something stupid, like he left me a message that was too long, or he spoke too slowly, or I didn't like his shoes. Two, because I am a non-confrontational person, and like most men coincidentally, I'd rather be hit by a Mack truck than hurt someone's feelings or make them feel rejected.

I know I am not the only one who has done this.

And yes, I get royally pissed when it is done to me.

But I also eventually get the picture. I was watching an episode of Six Feet Under (one of my favorite shows) and one of the characters, Rico, was dating this girl. It was all good for the first two dates. She was supposed to call him after the second date, and she didn't call. So Rico blows her phone up, shows up at her hang-out spots, and finally, after about two days, shows up at her door and convinces her landlord to let him in her apartment because he thinks something may be wrong. He barges into her house only to find her in there chillin, mad as hell. Like me, she didn't want to hurt his feelings, so she just stopped calling in hopes that he would get it. By this point, I'm sure you've already guessed that finally just told him she wasn't that into him.

Luckily, I haven't had a guy do that. But I always think about how I feel when a guy I've met decides early in the game that he is just not that into me. I immediately look at myself as to why. But when I do it to them, most of the time, they are perfectly nice guys, just not perfect for me. I don't like to waste time and frivolously date:

I am waiting for a man to, in the words of the Great Jill Scott, incite me to chorus.

And I'm willing to wait, guilty conscience and all.

Even if I am at the back of the line.

Guilty conscience and all.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Tenio said...

I just want to say that You were upfront with me. I was interested and you said you were involved, etc..I respect that. I admire you, and you are a great woman, and for what it's worth...I still think we make a great team.

Much Love

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Max said...

It just about knowin what you like. Don't feel guilty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home