Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Quarter-Life Crisis

So this is my first blog...I haven't written in a diary since I was 17. What do you write on these things? Well, my 25th birthday is coming up...NOT EXCITED. Thought the idea of a "quarter-life crisis" was a crock of doody, but lo and behold...I'd rather poke my own eyeballs with a pencil than turn 25. And I don't really have a good explanation for it. I mean, I am definitely not where I'd imagined I would be at 25. Everyone keeps saying, live it up! You're young! You've got so much time! If these people had any idea how much I was planning to do, they might advise me to hurry up. Because the truth is, I've been hearing that since I was 20, and 25 ain't 20. You know what I mean? I guess it's not even so much what I haven't done, but more...what's next? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate time for what it is, and I understand that in the bigger picture, I am very young. So I don't want a bunch of forty-year olds responding to me in nasty e-mail tones to shut up and suck it up because at least I'm only turning 25. I will do my best to enjoy this birthday.
I have a bunch of friends (who are all, for the most part, older than me) who are willing to help me make this birthday a great one. It's the least they can do, considering that spend every other day of the year giving me shit about not knowing the lyrics to songs that came out, like, the year I was born. (They aren't that much older than me!) . It's funny, they are always complimenting me on how mature I am for my age, and yet they still, in a funny way, always manage to make me feel like a baby. I expect this from my mom, not my friends! And here's a big surprise: I happen to know other 25 year olds who are just as mature! We are not all chickenheads! I made them promise not to me badger me with any snide, sarcastic or bitter age jokes on my birthday. We'll see if they oblige me.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Max said...

Cheese and Crackers Girl! You so tenderhearted. I'll drop it. But only cause I like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home