Thursday, June 30, 2005

Maybe You Can Help Me...

Maybe you can help me...

I'm looking for a brotha...My SoulMate? Do you know him?

Haven't seen him before, but I've been told that I would definitely recognize him when I see him.

I bumped into this guy, Mr. Right, who sidetracked me with engaging conversation; I told him I thought he looked familiar. He invited me to lunch at this fancy restaurant, so we could talk some more, but when we got there, he made me wait outside while he talked to the maitre' d. While he was inside, I left to continue my search. I didn't have to time to wait, no matter how nice the place was.

I thought that was him again that I ran into the other day, but it turned out to be this guy Mr. Right Now. He seemed to be in a hurry. We chatted, and he invited me to have lunch with him too. Only he wanted to get it to go. I decided that I wasn't in that big of a rush.

And then I ran into Mr. FWP; I was trying to describe My SoulMate to him, to see if he could help me find him. I eventually gave up; he seemed restless and inattentive. And he mentioned something about going to get something; didn't bother to even ask if I was hungry. Geez, I had wasted enough time already.

I came across this guy...he almost ran into me! He apologized, and asked where I was going in such a hurry. I told him I was looking for someone and proceeded to leave. He grabbed me by the arm (gently) and asked if I had a moment to chat. I said no, not really, I really need to find this person. He said after we talk, I'll help you look. I was tired of searching for the moment anyway. I stopped; we talked. I got wrapped up in the conversation. A great deal of time passed, and I forgot all about my search. It was getting late; I had to go. He extended his hand to shake mine; I noticed a silver bracelet.

I like your bracelet, I said.

Thank you, he said.

He turned to leave, and I remembered there was some tiny writing on the bracelet. Curiosity got the best of me, and I ran after him. Man he walks fast; he was halfway down the block. I caught up to him (out of breath) and asked what was written on the bracelet.

Just my initials, he said. He held it up to show me.

The initials were YSM.

What does that stand for? I asked. He smiled, and a feeling of content blanketed me like a down comforter. Lunch had come and gone, and I wasn't even hungry anymore.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Max said...

Cool stuff man.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Tenio said...

Soul mates hugh? It seems that soul mates are never found during the search, I think they just happen to run into each other, but we are so busy that we tend to miss what should be an obvious encounter. When we do actually pay attention, our soul mate has come and gone and is in the midst of returning, we just have to enjoy the moment well enough to recognize when connectivity (is that a word?) has occurred.

CARPE' MOMENTO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home