Monday, July 11, 2005

Things I've Learned at 25

So my birthday just passed (Friday, July 8th) and I am now 25 years old - YAY! (I guess.) I was reflecting yesterday and came up with a list in my head of all the important things I have learned up to this point in my life. I have learned that:

Keeping strong faith is an effort.

All adults are not neccessarily mature.

Most 25 year olds are not as mature as me. ;o)

Watching too much television may not rot your brain, but it can give you an affected view of life.

I express myself better when I write.

I hate talking on the phone for longer than ten minutes.

Silence forces you to think; pay attention to people who always have to have noise around them.
I am one of the afore mentioned people!

My mother and I can learn a lot from one another.

The same things that made me happy as a child still make me happy now.

I now know who my real friends are.

you don't have to be just like your friends; celebrating differences isn't just cultural.

everyone doesn't have to like me in order for me to succeed.

to observe behavior rather than to take one's word for it. ("I'm such a a nice person, I don't understand...")

To watch and observe love in action; it makes you feel optimistic. (any love; mother-daughter, brother-sister, friend-friend, etc.)

you must always say what you mean and mean what you say.

Every word that comes from your mouth, you are the first hear.

Reading not only makes you smarter, but it fuels the imagination.

Laughter is like internal jogging; it is good for the soul and it burns calories!

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Tony J. said...

HAPPY BELATED, DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love! Always...but you know that:)

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Max said...

Co Sign DQ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home