Wednesday, July 06, 2005

About ME

This post was inspired by a dear friend who once said..."Happily Ever After is too easy..."

So here are some things to know about ME:

I am taller than I appear. (it's like people see me through a car mirror)

My hair describes me better than words ever could.

I am always sadder than I look.

But overall, I am extremely bubbly.

People often mistake my optimism for naivete'.

That being said, I am not as naive as I seem.

I love a good story - told, written, or televised.

I hate watching the news. It always makes me think we are near the end of the world. Don't ask me why.

My favorite sense: taste

I hate concerts.

I am very outgoing, but incidently, hate being in big crowds of people. (that should explain the concert thing, and includes most clubs and sporting events).

I love to listen to music, no matter what I'm doing. It makes me feel like I have a soundtrack for life.

I talk to myself. Often.

I am smarter than people think I am.

I am smarter than I think I am most of the time.

I love sex; everything about it. Before, during, after, talking about it, thinking about it, singing about it...thinking about it...doing it.

I love it when someone writes on my back with their fingers.

A friend of mine once froze my pet parakeet to death while petsitting. She cried about. I cried too, but not over the bird. But because she felt so bad about killing it.

I am more sensitive than any person over the age of 10 should ever be.

I hear everything I say before I say it.

I care about what other people think of me.

I am nice.

I am generous.

Pride is my biggest tragic flaw.

I have a very keen sense of smell.

I am happiest when I am full.

I am saddest when I am silent.

I am happy with my body.

ok, I'm content with my body.

I want to do too much most of the time.

and I feel I never do enough.

I am rarely honest about when my feelings are truly hurt, because I feel they don't have the right to be.

I'm a good listener.

I am a firm believer in the theory that boyfriends may come and go, but friendships should last forever.

That being said, I love my friends.

I love my family.

I wish I was (physically) closer to my family.

I am getting to be more and more like my mother every day...and it ain't so bad.

I can tell when I am emotionally hurt much quicker than I tell when I am physically hurt. I once walked around for a whole day without realizing that I had a huge gash in my right thigh; I only noticed when the blood started to drip on the floor. But before someone even opens their mouth, I can tell if they are about to say something that will hurt me.

I love to travel, but haven't really been anywhere.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tony J. said...

I am laughing so hard right now because of this:

A friend of mine once froze my pet parakeet to death while petsitting. She cried about it. I cried too, but not over the bird. But because she felt so bad about killing it...

Omigod! I'm so sorry! But freezing that bird to death was a defining moment in my life.

And my FAVORITE item on your list is this one:

I am a firm believer in the theory that boyfriends may come and go, but friendships should last forever...

I BELIEVE THAT, TOO!!! Whenever I try to explain it to someone I'm dating it really makes them mad at me and I can't understand why! Men know they are...well...the way they frickin' are. Why should it hurt their feelings that I can call them on the fact that they are going to do something to be sure our relationship ends badly? Cuz you KNOW it's never our fault;) Just kidding...sometimes, it's my fault. I'll grant that. Still--why do they get so mad when I try to explain how important friendship is???

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger DramaQueen said...

jfuego, I laughed so hard when I read yours! And I really mean that about friends; All of my true friendships have lasted longer than any boyfriend.

Did that defining moment make you realize...ya'll be freezin' up in that house! ;o) I felt bad because you felt SO bad; I didn't really care about the bird! That was my Momma's bird!

Do you check your gmail account??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home